The "NanoFabNet" (« Platform ») is managed by:
- the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (« EPFL »), Bâtiment CE, 3.316, Station 1, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland ;
You can contact the data controllers to the following email address: email@example.com.
2.1 Manage of your account
2.2 Manage of your article submission
Only if you are a registered user, we process your Authorship Metadata (see section 3.2). The Authorship Metadata is processed for sharing basic information regarding your article submission with the public. The legal basis for this processing is your consent. We asked your consent at the time of an article submission.
Therefore, certain of your information (see section 3.2) will be accessible to the public. Other users (registered or not) may use your Authorship Metadata for their own purpose, and we cannot be liable for their further-use. We hereby decline all responsibility for the further-use of your Authorship Metadata by third-parties.
2.3 Statistics Data
For all users (including non-registered users), we process Statistics Data (see section 3.3). Statistics Data are processed for the purpose of the analyzing of the audience or assessing how people use the website – for example, the number of users on a website, how long they stay on the site for, and what parts of the site they visit. We are also using your Statistics Data to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of service policies. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
You can always manage your consent through your browser. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647 (Chrome)
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox)
- https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera)
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer)
- https://support.apple.com/fr-ch/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac (Safari)
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge)
We encourage the users to choose browsers that ensure a secured confidentiality, such as Brave: https://brave.com.
We may collect all the following personal data (referred to as the « Personal Data ».
3.1 Account Data
In order to manage your account, we need to process the following personal data (« Account Data »):
- Your name and surname
- Your username
- Your email address
- Your password
- Your ORCID identifier
- Your affiliation
- Your university
- Your comments and post articles
- Other log information: IP address, timestamps of access to the platform, logs of your consents
3.2 Authorship Metadata
3.3 In order to manage your public profile, we need to process the following personal data (« Authorship Metadata»):
- Your author's name
- Author's list
- Author's affiliation and university
3.4 Statistics Data
In order to generate anonymous statistics, we need to process the following personal data (« Statistics Data »):
- The number of your visits
- Your IP address
- The duration of your visits
- Information about what parts of the website you visited
- Other useful information for statistics
We store your Personal Data as long as your account exist. For statistical purposes, the Statistics Data will be anonymized and will be kept for a longer period.
Your Personal Data is stored on secure servers at our Service Provider's premises, in Switzerland. Some Statistics Data may however be stored on Google's servers.
We are sharing your Personal Data with the following recipients exclusively:
- Authorized employees of the data controllers (including moderators of the website)
- Our Service Providers
EPFL uses the services of the Zenodo platform which is operating by the CERN, European Organization for Nuclear Research, att: IT Department, Digital Repositories Section, 1211 Genève 23, Switzerland, which develops, among other services, tools for the open science. No international transfers are foreseen, but their privacy framework can be consulted here: https://about.zenodo.org/privacy-policy/.
7.2 Google Analytics
EPFL may use the services of Google Analytics, provided by Google LLC established in the USA, for the purpose of generating statistics. Some Statistics Data may be transferred in servers all around the world. Google assures to comply with the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active
We have put in place appropriate security measures pursuant to the acknowledged rules of the art. arXiv follows standard practices to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information that is under our control.
Please note however that we cannot guarantee an absolute security for your Personal Data, to the extent that the Personal Data retention and electronical transmission involves certain risks.
You have a number of rights according to the data protection legislation. These rights can be limited in particular when they affect rights and freedom of others. We will inform you of applicable exceptions in our answer to your potential request.
These rights include:
- right of access: You have the right to know what personal data we hold about you and to ask, in writing, to see your personal data. You can directly have this information by contacting the data controllers: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to withdraw consent: Where we process your Personal Data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- right to object: You also have a right to object to us processing Personal Data where we are relying on a task carried out in the public interest or our legitimate interests to do so.
- right to restrict processing: In certain situations, you have the right to ask for processing of your Personal Data to be restricted because there is some disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- right of erasure: In some cases, you have the right to have your Personal Data to be deleted.
- right of rectification: If you believe your Personal Data is inaccurate you have the right to ask for their update.
- right to file a complaint: If you are unhappy with the way in which we have handled your Personal Data, you have the right to file a complaint with the Federal Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) or with the supervisory authority of your country or residency.
Swiss material laws are applicable. The place of execution and of jurisdiction is in Lausanne, at the registered office of EPFL.